As a Small Business Owner, it’s easy to find yourself working long hours, doing everything you can, winding up with a few hours at the end of the day to eat and fall in a heap… only to get up the next day and do it again! It doesn’t have to be that way.
If you view every work hour that passes as being an hour that could have brought you money, are you using that time in the best possible way? And are you using leverage and strategies to bring you the most amount of income?
Here are some things you can do to ensure you structure your day for maximum effectiveness:
- Have set times each day for breaks and meals
- Ensure you take regular breaks to clear your head and stretch your body!
- Use an organised system for storing files and managing daily files and papers
- Start your day by reviewing a list of things you need to accomplish for the day, and prioritise them.
- Identify all the items in your list that you know DE-MOTIVATE you, ones that you DISLIKE doing!
- See what items you can outsource to others, so you can keep your motivation and energy levels high.
Secret Steps to Diary Management
I’ve got two secret steps to many successful people’s diary and time management:
- Identify all the tasks or actions in your daily list that will actually make you money – and put those at the top of the list. These are the no. 1 priority items each and every day!
- Write your daily task list at the END of the workday for the following day, and leave it on your desk. It will enable you to walk in and start working on item no. 1 without delay.
When you start looking at your daily list in terms of what will make you money and ‘everything else’ – you’ll find your focus will be clearer and you’ll have far more energy for the rest of the day.
Remember to outsource or delegate those things that slow you down or de-motivate you. You’ll feel a load off your shoulders. Using systems such as automated marketing will help hugely, as will using outsourced providers to do those other menial things that you can’t stand.
By following these simple and effective strategies, you’ll be utilising your time more wisely – and you’ll plug the gaps on any money leaks from wasteful activities. Not only that, when you focus on income-earning activities more, you’ll find yourself with a more profitable bottom line.